Do you have an embarrassing hole in your smile from a lost tooth? If so, you are not alone. Time can play a role in your teeth causing them to wear down and weaken over time making them vulnerable to gum disease and tooth decay. Accidents can cause a person to lose a tooth or trigger gum disease, which happens to many people as we get older. The good news is there are ways to restore your teeth.
One common way to restore your smile is through the use of a dental bridge. Our dentist, Dr. Scott R. Adishian with Scott R. Adishian, DDS, Inc. in Pasadena, California, offers dental bridges and to help you understand more about them, our office has provided you with this information on how they can benefit you.
Here is some information on how to bridge the hole in your smile with a dental bridge:
– Missing teeth can damage the look of your overall smile. Replace missing teeth with dental bridges to reverse this effect.
– Oftentimes with missing teeth, an individual’s ability to chew food properly can be distorted. This can be modified with a dental bridge.
– Dental bridges have proven to be extremely beneficial in situations where speech has previously been hindered due to missing teeth.
– Bite force distribution can be awry due to missing teeth. With the insertion of a dental bridge, your bite stability can be leveled out.
– Due to several risks associated with missing teeth moving out of position, a dental bridge restoration can be inserted to prevent nearby and adjacent teeth from moving around.
– The voids left by missing teeth can often harbor harmful bacteria and germs. Fill in these gaps with dental bridges.
If you still have questions about your smile and are interested in a dental bridge, please call us today at 626-796-3700 to make an appointment. Our team of experts is happy to assist you with any questions you may have.