What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a prosthetic tooth that usually sits atop a dental implant. Our traditional dental crowns are made of beautiful, high-quality porcelain that looks and feels like a natural tooth.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Our porcelain or ceramic crowns have the translucency and luster of natural teeth, and can serve a variety of functions, including:
- Reinforcing a cracked, misshaped, or otherwise weakened tooth.
- Providing extra support to a tooth with a large filling.
- Fully restoring a worn-down tooth.
To learn more about whether or not a dental crown is the right restorative procedure for you, schedule an appointment with our office!
The Dental Crown Procedure
If you’ve got a cracked, discolored, misshapen, weakened, or otherwise damaged tooth, a dental crown may be the ideal solution. Here’s what you can expect when coming into our office to receive a dental crown:
- First, we’ll numb the area around the tooth with a local anesthetic.
- We’ll then take an impression of your tooth—what remains of it—so you we can construct a crown that fits it.
- The impressions are sent to our laboratory and the crown is constructed. This process can take up to a couple weeks, and you’ll wear a temporary crown in the interim.
- When it’s time to install your permanent crown, we’ll prepare your tooth by cleaning or filing it down as necessary.
- Finally, we’ll install your permanent crown and you’ll have a complete, beautiful smile again!
If you have any questions or concerns about the dental crown installation procedure, don’t hesitate to give our office a call. We’ll do everything we can to help you feel safe and comfortable throughout the entire process.
Wear a Crown Every Day!
Dental crowns can help you look and feel great. Schedule your consultation today and let’s get started!
Before & Afters
Porcelain Crowns (Metal-Ceramic Combination)
Porcelain Crowns Before Replacement
Porcelain Crowns After Replacement
Porcelain Crowns (All-Ceramic)
BEFORE: Old Metal-Ceramic Crowns
AFTER: New All-Ceramic Crowns
BEFORE: Bulky, Unesthetic Metal-ceramic crowns
AFTER: All-Ceramic Crowns
BEFORE: Worn Teeth and Collapsed Bite
AFTER: Restored Teeth with Ceramic Crowns
Fixed Bridge Replacing a Single Missing Back Tooth
Radiograph of Fixed Bridge Shown