Dental bonding is the method Dr. Scott R. Adishian uses to attach materials directly to a tooth to improve the color or shape. The tooth enamel is fused with the bonding material, which may be porcelain or resin, to create a strong restoration that feels like your original tooth.
When is dental bonding used?
– Decayed teeth (the resin material is used to fill cavities)
– Chipped or cracked teeth
– Stained or discolored teeth
– Small gaps between your teeth
– Teeth that appear too small or short
– Misshapen teeth
– Exposed tooth roots from receding gums
What are the benefits of dental bonding in Arcadia, California?
– Unlike some dental restorations, dental bonding does not have to be prepared in a lab
– Dental bonding can usually be completed in one office visit unless several teeth are being treated
– Unless dental bonding is being used to fill a tooth, anesthesia is usually not needed
How long does dental bonding last?
The lifetime of dental bonding varies based on how much bonding was done on the tooth and your personal dental habits. Generally, the bonding material lasts from three to ten years before needing to be touched up or replaced.
Contact our office today at 626-796-3700 to learn more about dental bonding and to schedule a consultation with our dentist.