Unfortunately, there are cases in which a patient may lose one or more permanent teeth. Gingivitis is a disease that attacks the gums and bones that surround and support your teeth. In its advanced stage, gingivitis can cause the loss of permanent teeth. Patients who do not practice proper dental hygiene may also suffer tooth loss. A tooth can become so decayed that it needs to be extracted. Also, if a patient does not receive professional teeth cleanings at least every six months and any other needed dental treatment, tooth loss may occur. Tooth loss can also occur if a patient has trauma or injury to the face or mouth.
In the case of tooth loss, Dr. Scott R. Adishian may recommend a tooth replacement in Pasadena, California. Replacing missing teeth can:
- Restore the beauty and functionality of your smile
- Improve your self-esteem and confidence
- Restore your ability to chew and speak properly
- Maintain your face shape
- Properly distribute the forces of your bite
- Prevent your natural teeth from shifting out of place
We encourage you to contact our dental office today to learn more about tooth replacements and to schedule your next appointment with our dentist.